Everyone experiences hair loss every day, but because of the hundreds of thousands of hairs on their heads, most people don’t notice when thousands of hairs are missing and go back and replenish the hair loss. Hair loss becomes more severe and may require treatment if the sewers begin to show lumps of hair or if the brushes become clogged with bundles. MAXIM Hair Restoration specialists offer a variety of non-surgical and surgical hair transplant procedures to treat hair loss. One of these procedures is called hair follicle unit transplantation (FUT) and is also known as the strip method.
A brief history of flocking
Dr. Norman Orentreich, A dermatologist at New York University (NYU), made the first hair transplant in the United States in 1952. Hair transplantation consisted of taking large punch grafts taken from the underside of the patient’s scalp, known as the donor area, and transplanting those hairs. In thinning and flaky areas where the patient was experiencing hair loss. This technique took dozens of circular tufts of hair and pulled them to the hairline, giving them an unnatural look.
Today’s hair transplant methods began in the early 1990s, with Dr. Bobby Rimmer first performing a hair follicle unit transplant (FUT). Later, another state-of-the-art technology known as F was developed.Follicle unit extraction (FUE) This was similar to hair follicle unit transplantation (FUT). Both provide much more natural-looking results with the FUE method of implanting the graft without the use of linear scars or sutures.
What is Hair Follicle Unit Transplantation (FUT)?
Hair follicle unit transplant (FUT) is a type of flocking that uses the strip method. This is a widely used procedure that has excellent patient retention and regrowth rates and allows hair transplant surgeons to perform MEGA sessions with up to 4,000 transplants. Graft density and survival with FUT are higher than with FUE. At MAXIM Hair Restoration, a hair transplanter removes a piece of hair from the patient’s donor site. This is usually on the back of the head, where the hair is more full.
Next, a piece of hair is dissected into individual hair grafts, each consisting of 1-3 hair follicles. These are known as micrografts. When hair transplantation began, each graft consisted of 5 to 10 hair follicles known as plugs. Micrografts allow for a more natural look of hair and are much less noticeable than previous plugs.
Finally, the hair transplanter will transplant the hair transplant to the area of the head where you are bald or thin. The typical duration of the FUT procedure is approximately 6 hours and is performed in an outpatient clinical environment. Clients can receive local anesthesia, take a nap, talk on the phone, and watch TV during surgery. The MAXIM Hair Restoration team MEGA flocking sessionUp to 4,000 grafts can be transplanted at one time.
Hair follicle unit transplantation (FUT) is a proven surgical hair transplant technique that produces higher yields, more grafts, and higher survival rates than other methods. You can also expect denser results with FUT, which restores not only hair but also self-confidence.
What are the benefits of FUT?
The most important advantage is the density at which the hair is restored and regrown using the FUT method. Taking expansion strips from the donor area allows for thousands of individual flocking. This is superior to any other hair repair technique and can transplant thousands in one surgery. For patients experiencing severe hair loss, the ability to transplant thousands of grafts at one time is a great advantage.
Who are the good candidates for FUT?
Several factors are considered when deciding whether you are a good candidate for hair follicle unit transplantation (FUT). Most candidates have experienced significant hair loss, and the possibility of transplanting more than 3,000 grafts in a single procedure is attractive. The factors to consider are:
- Year. Patients between the ages of 25 and 65 are best suited for FUT. Hair loss in younger patients is unpredictable, but older patients may have health concerns such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and anxiety.
- sex. FUT is a viable option for men and women experiencing hair loss. Commonly referred to as androgenetic alopecia, this type of hair loss can affect both sexes.
- Hair loss pattern. FUT is ideal for alopecia that concentrates on specific areas of the head, such as androgenetic alopecia. This leaves a horseshoe-shaped pattern of thinning and receding hair along the hairline.
- Hairstyle.. FUT is ideal for patients with slightly longer hair behind to hide linear scars from strip removal. If the patient wears a lively hairstyle, there is a risk of visible scars.
- hair color. If the hair color is similar to the skin color, the color contrast will be low and it is a good candidate.
If you are considering flocking and would like to know if FUT is an option, please contact the MAXIM Hair Restoration team. You get a free consultation where our professionals discuss all our hair growth methods, strengths and weaknesses, and whether you are a good candidate for each procedure. We are here to help you regain the hair and confidence you lost.
How do you prepare for the FUT procedure?
Once considered a good candidate for FUT, undergo a preoperative evaluation to ensure good health. Patients over the age of 65, and those with health problems such as high blood pressure, anxiety, heart problems, and / or taking certain medications may require medical attention. .. It is highly recommended to avoid alcohol, vitamin E and aspirin 48 hours before the procedure. Any of these can cause excessive bleeding during the FUT procedure. A good night’s sleep and rest are essential, and it is advisable to have a light breakfast on the morning of surgery. Take a shower, wash your hair, dry it completely, and avoid adding synthetic and aromatic hair products, especially those that can cause allergic reactions, to your hair.
How many visits does the FUT procedure require?
MAXIM Hair Restoration usually first consults for free to determine if FUT or FUE is the best hair transplant option for you. If you and your hair doctor mutually decide on a FUT method, our staff or doctor will review the pre-surgery instructions on the same visit. Then return to the day of the procedure and make another postoperative visit 7-10 days after the FUT procedure.
We often bring patients back for a 6 to 12 month visit to evaluate the outcome of your procedure. If you experience any side effects, reactions or concerns while using MAXIM, please contact us immediately.
Are there any side effects of FUT flocking?
Complications of FUT are rare, and less than 1% of patients develop all types of infections, side effects, or complications after surgery. Adequate blood supply to the head speeds up the healing process and makes FUT a reasonably fast healing procedure. Potential complications include the following, most of which are temporary and resolve over time.
- Hair that looks unnatural.
- Scars and bumps.
- Folliculitis, or inflammation of the hair follicles.
If you experience any of these side effects after the FUT procedure, please contact the hair growth specialist who performed the FUT for detailed instructions.
How much does FUT cost?
Prices vary between clinics, but on average, hair follicle-based transplant procedures cost between $ 6,000 and over $ 10,000. The factors that determine the cost of the procedure are:
- The amount of hair. Some clinics offer FUT at a fixed price, while others charge for the number of grafts. Remember that each graft consists of 1-3 hair follicles. In that case, the more hair that needs to be transplanted, the higher the cost.
- surgeon. The surgeon’s experience may raise the price of your FUT procedure, but it also gives you the additional benefit of all that experience.
- Who is performing the procedure? Clinics in which the hair transplanter is fully involved in the procedure will cost more to ensure improved, higher quality clinical results and results.
- position. The city in which the clinic is located can affect the price of the FUT procedure. It may be worthwhile to research the cities you tend to visit and live in and the cities you would like to travel to for FUT to determine which is the best price. Please note that most medical tourism destinations do not offer FUT as they require postoperative recovery and care.
- Travel expenses. If the procedure requires a trip, you need to consider your travel expenses.
Insurance is usually considered cosmetic surgery and does not apply to hair transplant surgery, including FUT. If your hair loss is due to trauma or burns, you may be able to get your insurance to cover it.
MAXIM Hair Restoration Payment Options
Maxim Hair Restoration offers a competitive hair transparent price with no hidden costs or fees. FUT procedures and other services can be paid by credit card, check or cash. We also offer convenient lending options such as zero percent lending to help you pay for the procedure. Zero percent funding is usually one year, with some lenders up to two years. Financial companies include Care Credit, Green Sky Credit, Alphaeon, United Medical Credit, and Lending Club.
If you are considering a hair growth service, it’s time to contact Maxim’s knowledgeable team of hair growth today. You can start with a free consultation, discuss options with one of our experts, ask questions, and see how the procedure works, such as cost and recovery time. (802) Please contact us at 370-3227 or fill out a convenient and secure online form to make a reservation. It has offices throughout the United States, including New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Northern Virginia, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Austin (ATX), Sarasota, Tampa, Boca Raton, Puerto Rico, Turkey, Manila and Cebu. Philippines, you are sure to find a Maxim Hair Restoration Clinic near you. We are planning offices in Boston, Maryland, Charlotte, Chicago, Indianapolis (Indiana), Scottsdale (Arizona), Philadelphia, Orlando (Florida), Seattle (Washington), and other national markets.