Hair loss can occur in anyone of any age, but that does not mean that you need to live with thinning hair or bald spots for the rest of your life. The MAXIM Hair Restoration team offers a variety of surgical and non-surgical options to restore hair and self-confidence in just one visit. In your first consultation, our experts will discuss your options and help you choose the best treatment for your situation. One of those options is hair follicle unit extraction (FUE), and today we will elaborate on the differences between FUE treatment systems.
Hair follicle unit extraction (FUE) A type of hair transplant that can be used by individuals who are experiencing hair loss. This treatment takes approximately 6-8 hours in the office and is performed with the client awake under local anesthesia. Most people experience minimal pain and recover quickly. FUE’s job is to remove hair follicle units (groups of 1 to 4 hair follicles) from the donor area, usually behind the head, and move them to areas of the body where thinning or loss is present. The surgeon uses a micropunch to remove each hair follicle without affecting the appearance of the donor area.
FUE typically runs for about 6-8 hours in a single session. In rare cases, the surgeon may choose to run a megasession over multiple days. FUE is an outpatient treatment. In other words, when the treatment is complete, I will return home on the same day. Transplanted hair usually begins to grow after about 3-4 months and can be expected to grow up to 80% by the 9th month. Normally, 12 months is considered a complete aesthetic result, but new hair continues to grow from 12 months. 18.18.
You can choose from several FUE treatment options, each with its own twist on the hair transplant. The cost of FUE depends on the amount of graft to be transplanted, the equipment used, and the combination therapy that may be added. Our team at MAXIM also offers different forms of financing to meet different financial needs.
What is a WAW system?
One FUE option is WAW system, This makes FUE easier, faster, and more productive while minimizing invasiveness. The WAW system allows clinicians to determine the exact penetration depth required to lift the graft with minimal trauma to the donor site. Gently removing the hair follicles also allows the tissue to remain intact around the natural hair shaft, reducing signs of extraction. It also vibrates gently to remove the graft, so the technician does not have to risk damaging the graft by applying pressure with forceps to remove the unit. The advantages of using WAW for hair follicle unit extraction are:
- Faster harvest of follicles.
- The risk of damaging the surrounding hair follicles is reduced.
- High survival rate.
- A small incision.
- Fast healing.
- Excellent results are achieved thanks to precise control.
- Suitable for all hair types.
- There are no linear scratches.
What is ATERA FUE?
Another option for hair follicle unit extraction is the ATERFUE system, which produces subtle and natural results. ATERA is a digital device that represents the most advanced and state-of-the-art flocking technology available. The advantages of the ATERAFUE system are:
- Thanks to its digital graft counter, it provides the exact number of harvested grafts.
- Lubricate the roots of the hair follicles during extraction.
- Keeps the graft lubricated until transplantation.
- There are separate tubes for graft suction and lubrication.
- It is more efficient and faster than other FUE systems.
- A light headpiece minimizes bleeding and reduces trauma.
- We are proud of the natural finish.
- It is minimally invasive.
- Leaves little or no scars.
- There is simple aftercare.
- Brings a quick recovery.
- Provides long-term results.
- Comes with minimal risk.
- Effective for tight strips.
What is Call FUE?
Dr. John P. Cole A leading hair transplant surgeon in Atlanta, Georgia, he invented call isolation technology for hair follicle unit extraction. Equipment dedicated to call isolation techniques emphasizes maximum density with little or no scarring and minimal invasiveness. The advantages of ColeFUE are:
- Allows the donor area to potentially regenerate the follicle.
- It provides faster recovery than any other FUE method.
What is an Ellis Flute Instrument?
The Ellis FUE system is a simple and inexpensive automatic punching tool with a rotation mode used to extract hair follicles. The advantages of using Ellis Instrument are:
- Low graft deterioration.
- Minimally invasive.
- There are few scars.
Is FUE the Right Hair Growth Treatment for You?
With any type of hair growth treatment, you must decide which option is best for you and your type of hair removal. MAXIM Hair Restoration specialists will spend time during the initial consultation to determine the ideal treatment option to provide the best possible results. Extracting hair follicle units is just one of many options available in MAXIM Hair Restoration. Other options are:
- Hair follicle unit transplant.. In this procedure, a strip of skin is removed from the donor area of the head, dissected into small grafts, and transplanted into the area experiencing hair loss. Each graft contains 1 to 3 follicles, and the procedure takes about 4 to 6 hours in the office.
- 3D scalp micropigment.. This technique uses microneedles to pigment the scalp, replicate hair follicles, and provide natural hair-like strokes. Our technicians use local anesthetics to minimize pain and do not experience bleeding.
- Collagen induction therapy. CIT stimulates collagen production in the scalp via a roller device. The session usually lasts 30 minutes and recovers quickly. CIT improves the absorption of products such as topical steroids and Rogaine. CIT may also promote the natural formation of hair follicles.
- Hybrid procedure. The MAXIM Hair Restoration Specialist may determine that the combination of surgical and non-surgical procedures is optimal for your situation. These hybrid procedures typically require multiple sessions to complete.
MAXIM Hair Restoration employs highly trained technicians to better meet your hair recovery needs. Every technician has:
- Over 8 years of experience in FUE, FUT, and SMP procedures.
- Certified as a CMA, nurse, or surgeon.
- Experience as a Bosley flocking technician.
- Experience on all platforms including WAW, ATERA, Cole and Ellis Instrument.